- Royal’s history dates back to 1926 when the Somerville company, along with its transportation fleet of horse and buggy, offered wet-wash services to local households.
- In following decades, the company continued to expand and began offering services to most of eastern Massachusetts market adding shirt laundries, hospitals, clinics and hotels to its growing portfolio.
- In 1990, third generation family member, Mark Leibovitz partnered with Mark Johnson, president of Worcester based Institutional Linens of New England, Inc. to form Royal Institutional Services, Inc.
- Over next 15 years, they grew to become eastern seaboard’s largest healthcare commercial laundry, servicing over 80 hospitals and developing some of best demonstrated practices in the industry.
- In 2005 Royal Institutional Services, Inc. was sold to Angelica so that ownership could concentrate on untapped hospitality market. Thus emerged Royal Hospitality Services, Inc.
- In 2006, Royal Hospitality Services hired David Noble, former Vice President of the Massachusetts Lodging Association, to become Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. Royal continued to hire seasoned hospitality professionals to continue with its aggressive expansion throughout New England.
- In 2008, Royal was featured in the Boston Business Journal for its Entrepreneurial accomplishments.
- In 2009, Royal was the first Commercial Laundry in New England to install a Norchem Ultrapure Water Reclamation System. The systems ceramic filtration process enables Royal to reuse 70% of its water.
- In 2011, reaffirmed its commitment to the New England Market when it unveiled a newly expanded 72,000 square foot facility.
- Since its inception in 2005, Royal Hospitality Services has quadrupled in size, and now provides laundry service to the 10 largest Hotels in Massachusetts along with 100 other Hospitality Customers throughout New England. These customers include Starwood, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and numerous independent boutique and luxury Hotels. Royal also serves all of the regional Boston Sports Clubs.
- Royal expects to continue its growth trajectory into the foreseeable future, as many other regional Hotel and Fitness Centers recognize the value of Outsourcing the cleaning of their Linen and Towels.